In about a month, I’ll be turning 30. I’m actually pretty excited about it! Here is a list of things I’m pursuing with intention. If you read any of these and you think “Gasp! I could totally help make that happen!” by all means, do so!
1) Hit 3,000 podcast listens by my 30th birthday on August 17th. How cool would that be?!
3) Start digging into the Podcast bucket list of people to interview, including, but not limited to: Sarah Galvin, Jinkx Monsoon, BenDeLaCreme, Kitten N’ Lou, Waxie Moon, Marya Sea Kaminski, Mary Lambert, Darragh Kennan…the list goes on and on!
4) Have full houses for the remaining shows of >>The Pillowman. The show runs through July 25th. Look, I know it’s a dark play. It may be too dark for some people. But we have been working our asses off on it. It has been easily one of the most fulfilling artistic experiences of my life. I want to share it with as many people as possible.
5) Write and receive more handwritten letters. You want in? Let me know in the comments below if you want to be my pen pal. (Or on Facebook or Twitter or email…)
6) Accumulate many hugs. Do we ever really get enough hugs?! I would like more hugging in my life.
7) Write a comic book. I am totally in Alison Bechdel fangirl mode right now because of Fun Home. This WILL HAPPEN.
8) Direct Fun Home: The Musical. With Amy Wheeler as Alison Bechdel. I have shivers just from typing this.
9) Publish my poetry manuscript. It’s called Whiskey & Blood. And it’s badass.
10) Finish my first full-length play. It’s about female video game designers. I have an outline and six pages so far…
11) Produce my first full-length play.
12) Record an album of jazz standards. Do you play an instrument? Have a recording studio? Let’s do this.
13) Start writing songs again. I’ve been doing a little bit of this, but I’d like to do more and get out there and perform them.
14) Sing more karaoke with friends. Because it’s the best and funnest.
15) Play the piano more. Seriously, it’s one of my favorite things to do.
16) Get new headshots. Calling all friends with cameras!
17) Do a pin-up photo shoot. Again, calling all friends with cameras!
18) Hang out with more kids and babies and dogs and puppies.
19) Start in on my acting bucket list. Roles include, but are not limited to: Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors, The Witch in Into the Woods, Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd, Aldonza in Man of La Mancha, Mary in Jesus Christ Superstar, Florence in Chess and Nancy in Oliver.
20) Do more theatre in Seattle. Whidbey, I love you. I love acting and directing here. But I’d like to hop over the water at least once a year to play in another creative sandbox.
21) Perform in drag.
22) Perform a burlesque routine.
23) (Keep) falling in love with myself and my body.
24) Travel to the Midwest and reconnect with old friends.
25) Start writing a musical.
26) Sing at a wedding.
27) Establish a regular meditation practice.
28) Take a boxing class.
29) Dance more and learn how to tango.
30) Practice gratitude daily.